Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lachoneus is doing so awesome now with communicating and socializing. He has been spending a lot of time with friends lately. I've been babysitting and having playdates.

Luke can now tell me what sounds different animals make. He sings or recites songs. He tries to sing the alphabet (usually the Super Why show version AlphaPig sings). And he even recites books I have read to him so many times.

Today he started telling me he needs to go to the bathroom instead of just wetting his pants. He did this all day!

He is adorable!
But there are his trials too. He has started yelling at Tiberias. If Ty tries to play with a toy Luke has he yells "No! Mine!" He will yell at him to leave or leave the room. Trying to teach him to not yell at the baby, to be nice to the baby, is really hard right now.

And he has started pretending to get hurt or really hurting himself to try and get out of things he does not want to do. He pretends he cannot do things he does not want to when I tell him he has to. It's the 2 yr old version of lying.

Here is a video of Luke reading Dump Trucks. He recited the book to me almost perfectly the other day but in this video he repeats the first page a lot and misses many words. It is still adorable to hear though!

1 comment:

  1. He's so adorable! You've done such a great job with mothering him, I'm sure he will do better with his trials soon. I'm praying that when we get around to having kids that I'll be able to give them the kind of attention they need. Your boys are lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete