Friday, December 10, 2010

Lachoneus 2yrs 5mos old

Luke loves tents. Ever since the beginning of October he always wants me to make him a tent. Sometimes it's even a house out of the couch cushions.

Lachoneus doesn't try something too hard until he feels ready. If I want him to do something like eat with a fork he will give it a try for a few seconds. As soon as it gets hard he throws whatever he has and throws a fit. He looks at me as if he were trying to say "I tried and I failed! Now do it for me."

Today he put on his underwear and pants correctly all by himself for the first time!
He still cannot take off or put on shirts. Kids have big heads and some of his shirts are hard to get over his head...so it's understandable.

He still has not perfected eating with utensils. I think that most of his friends know how to but Luke doesn't like to try. He likes to eat PB&J sandwhiches more than anything...maybe because it doesn't require utensils.

I give him utensils for dinners, pancakes and macaroni and cheese. He tries to use his utensils but quickly decides his fingers are easier. With mac and cheese he makes me stab them on the fork. But lately I won't do it for him until the end...I make him try.

He is doing wonderful with potty training! Yesterday when I put him down for his nap (in a diaper) he took off the diaper and came out of his room saying he needed to poop. And he did. But then he tried to use that as an excuse to not have to sleep. Every 20minutes or less he'd come out saying he had to pee. lol

He did not take a nap yesterday! His friends had come over for a play date; Sam and Sara Lazenby along with Jazy Leach. At 2pm when his friends were gone and I was putting him to bed I could tell he was not sleepy. He usually goes down for a nap by 1:30p and sleeps for two hours.

Yesterday I tried for over an hour to get him to sleep and he still did not appear tired. So I let him get up. He didn't fall asleep until after dinner watching tv on the couch with daddy. He slept 20 minutes on daddy's lap and then we made him get up. He went to bed fine that night.

9pm is his bedtime. Some people I know put their kids to bed as early as 7pm! I don't know how they do that. Luke gets up by 7am usually when he goes to bed at 9pm.

Another thing that Luke has started doing recently is quoting movies...or attempting to. He does it when a movie is on and it's about to play a line he knows. He'll say the line right before they say it on tv, or after they say it. He has even started trying to sing songs on movies. It's so cute!! The one I love is the Barnaby song that is originally from Hello Dolly but plays over and over again on WallE. Luke likes to sing that one now. :)

It all started though with mine and Ster's tv show "Chuck"s theme song. It has no words. But a few weeks ago Ster and I were watching episode after episode. Every day we were watching Chuck and we both started "nah"ing to the music of the theme song. Pretty soon Luke was trying to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment